The Just Dance! mini company is selected through audition and has an average age of 8 years old. Mini company dancers are usually 6-10 years old, but a dancer’s age is just one factor that is considered for team placement. Height, ability, maturity, team composition and many other factors are also considered.
Competitive dance requires the highest level of commitment from both the dancer and the parent, so mini company dancers may have to choose dance as a priority over other extracurricular activities. Just Dance! company members are not allowed to enroll in dance classes at any other studio or participate in dance events outside of school and Charleston Dance Center without permission from CDC owners.
Mini company dancers participate in at least one competition dance each year. Many mini company members are invited to participate in multiple large group and small group dances in addition to duos/trios and solos. Parents are welcome to set limits on the number of dances their child participates in. This decision needs to be made in the summer, before choreography begins.
Mini Company Class Requirements:
Mini Company Rehearsal
Mini Company Jazz
Mini Company Tap
Mini Company Ballet
Hip Hop I
Select one: Ballet, Tumbling, Jazz Technique or Conditioning
Tuition Cost: $235/mo. ($255 with tumbling)
Mini Company Competition Requirements:
- Participation in all required competitions/conventions (typically Just Dance! attends 2 competitions and 2 competition/conventions plus nationals)
- Participation in all rehearsals (typically held on the weekends in the fall)
- Participation in all dress rehearsals (typically held the weekend before each competition)
- Participation in any master classes that are scheduled
- Participation in summer intensives
- Participation in the annual Year-End Performance
- Purchasing required mini company makeup
- Purchasing required costumes, shoes and accessories
Competition Cost: approximately $850/yr. for one group competition dance + $300 for each additional group competition dance*
*this number represents approximate fees that are paid to Just Dance! and does NOT include travel for events. Duos/Trios and solos require a larger investment.