The recreational team has fewer requirements than Just Dance! companies, which makes it a great option for a dancer who is trying competitive dance for the first time or a dancer who wants to be more serious, but does not want to give up other extracurricular activities. Dancers who need additional development may also be placed on a recreational team.
Recreational team dancers participate in at least one competition dance each year. Dancers may participate in all conventions that Just Dance! attends as a team.
Just Dance! company members are not allowed to enroll in dance classes at any other studio or participate in dance events outside of school and Charleston Dance Center without permission from CDC owners.
Recreational Team Class Requirements:
Recreational Team Rehearsal
Jazz/Tap (level varies)
Ballet (level varies)
Tuition Cost: $191/mo.
Recreational Team Competition Requirements:
- Participation in all required competitions/conventions (typically Just Dance! attends 2 competitions and 2 competition/conventions plus nationals)
- Participation in all rehearsals (typically held on the weekends in the fall)
- Participation in all dress rehearsals (typically held the weekend before each competition)
- Participation in any master classes that are scheduled
- Participation in summer intensives
- Participation in the annual Year-End Performance
- Purchasing required recreational team makeup
- Purchasing required costumes, shoes and accessories
Competition Cost: approximately $375*
*this number represents approximate fees that are paid to Just Dance! and does NOT include travel for events.