The Just Dance! mini mini team is selected through audition and has an average age of 6 years old. Mini mini dancers are usually 5-7 years old, but a dancer’s age is just one factor that is considered for team placement. Height, ability, maturity, team composition and many other factors are also considered.
The mini mini team is a great introduction to competition dance because dancers only compete in one competition dance per year and there are just three required classes. This exposes young dancers to dance competitions (travel, make-up, hair, etc.), so they can decide if that is something they enjoy, while also allowing time for other activities.
Just Dance! company members are not allowed to enroll in dance classes at any other studio or participate in dance events outside of school and Charleston Dance Center without permission from CDC owners.
Mini Mini Team Class Requirements:
- Mini Mini Team Rehearsal
Tuition Cost: $171/mo.
Mini Mini Team Competition Requirements:
- Participation in all required competitions/conventions (typically Just Dance! attends 3 competitions/conventions plus 1 nationals)
- Participation in all rehearsals (typically held on the weekends in the fall)
- Participation in all dress rehearsals (typically held the weekend before each competition)
- Participation in any master classes that are scheduled
- Participation in summer intensives
- Participation in the annual Year-End Performance
- Purchasing required mini mini team makeup
- Purchasing required costumes, shoes and accessories
Competition Cost: approximately $750*
*this number represents approximate fees that are paid to Just Dance! and does NOT include travel for events.